Discuss Best way to advertise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor Williams

Hello all,

I am a self employed Plumber working in London and am looking at the best ways to advertise.

I know word of mouth is the best way, but at the moment I use 'Rated People' which is good but not great as you don't always win the work and have to underprice yourself constantly.

I have just paid £75 for a months advert in my local paper and I also advertise in four different news agent windows.

Yellow pages seems to be dying a death but how about Check a Trade? This seems to be the best run service and the only one that allows you to chat with other tradesmen who are already using it and get their feedback.

Anyone here used it at all?

Thanks and all the best,
Connor

I'll never return to live London but if I did I'd pop business cards through doors. I've done that in a few villages near where I live and it's surprising how calls still come through 2 years after I've posted the cards.

hi

i get work from my advert on yell.com and from having a good website. have you got a sign written van. mine has paid for itself many times over by neighbours ringing me when i'm at a customers property.

rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best way to advertise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
Hello everyone , just see if anyone has any advice on the best places and ways to advertise my little part time private business I’m starting in...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope someone will be able to guide me. I am 31 and have my level 2 diploma in plumbing and heating, I currently work as a...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock