Discuss Better bathrooms sink issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ashtonjay

I fitted a sink for a customer about 6 months ago and recently got a call saying that he had water leaking under his sink
i went over for a look today and after an hour with a lamp underneath i finally got it down to
the sink overflow

when the sink is allowed to fill up to the overflow hole it leaks through the actual sink itself
like there is a crack in the ceramic or something

he is gonna try to get another sink from better bathrooms but says i should fit it for free

personally i think as there were no issues 6 months ago that i should be charging him

have you guys experienced any issue with stuff from Better Bathrooms or had any problems like this

cheers

I always say it is the manufacturers problem and suggest the custard gets the manufacturer to get an engineer out, they usually get the money for fitting it, most of my custards understand that it is manufacturers fault, but then I always let custard get the appliances for this very reason

i did let the customer get his own stuff for this job
i told him he can either get Better bathrooms to send a fitter or ill do it for a fee

he is probably just initially annoyed, he will call you in a week if better bathrooms offer to pay your labur, if not you may have lost customer, he will probably try and get someone else who gives a 2 year guarantee etc and think that this covers the appliances (which we all know it doesnt)

Not really bothered if i lose his custom really he is a grade 1 bellend and his missis is a real pain in the a**e
i suspect he will need me before i do him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Better bathrooms sink issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock