Discuss black stuff from tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy_plumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys,

popped to dentist surgery yesterday, they said sometimes bit of black jelly like substance comes out of the tap. it happened on more than one tap. Old y-plan system. I suspected to find something in cwsc but that has been replaced 3 months ago and water was perfect inside. It was connected with hep2o and all taps too. Hot water temp measured around 54.6 deg.

They said it only happens occasionally but I really cant think what it could be. Maybe leftover when they drilled holes into tank and that got into cylinder.

Any of you have an idea what else could be checked as they need a report.

cheers fellas

Hi know you get that jelly like stuff in the f&e tank sometimes. I believe it is some kind of bacteria. Fernox do a treatment for it. Surely not in the cwsc though. Will be interesting to hear other people's thoughts

Hi there I had this problem in my first house im pretty sure it was on cold mains side put it down to dirty supply changed all taps and never had problem again assumed it was just a build up of sludge over the years..brum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to black stuff from tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock