Discuss Boiler and 8 rads in church rooms.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
just been to look at a job which BG quoted 6k to install. Just the boiler and a bout 10metres of pipework to cylinder. No rads. They have also put in a 1st floor which they want underfloor heating in. gutted as the gas pipework is to big for me. I remember on here some where where a guy needed to run a gas pipe some distance and someone said run it in sections and just put a valve with test point. All the way to boiler. So if I can get someone to put a valve with test point, can I take on this job?

Do you not know anyone with a commercial ticket?
You do the majority and they do the bit that you can't.

As long as your meter is under 0.035 your ok....You can fit up to 35 mm copper...

i read in another post that if i get a guy with a commercial ticket to put in a iso with test point, (he checks all pipework and so) i can carry on the install as long as it is less the the cubic volume. As hammers says above.

Need a bit more info
size boiler and pipework
if its just pipework your going onto what size?
you can put in 35 mm copper up to a fair few meters depending on cubic volume

below is what Kirk wrote in 2012...

''it is perfectly acceptable for you to get a commercial guy to fit seperate iso valves and test points and test the whole installation, then for you to work from each iso, as long as each leg you work on doesnt have an IV of more than 0.035m3, and remember if each leag has IV above 0.02m3 you need a different purge procedure''

Have not done the calcs yet but it is only going to be a system boiler. So not over 70kw, and it will only be around 3 metres of gas run

so what size is currently in situ??
as you state gas run is to big if its not over 70 kw and only 3 meter gas run then i assume your tee'ng into something bigger??

put it like this i'm domestic and have a gas job in few weeks time where have to tee into 4 inch iron gas pipe however i have subbed this to a commercial gas guy i know who will be doing relevant gas works then installing a lever valve to which point i can work downstream of this with smaller pie size.

that is what i needed to know. thanks hammers. Do you know this commercial guy? Or can you call any commercial guy to sub contract it out to? I don't think many people would want to do this.

Also, when it is time to commission, are you allowed to remove test nipple on the meter to do working pressure? to check for the millibar drop? Or do you need to get commercial guy to do this?

Its someone i work with and do all his installs he has every ticket going so works well for my business and good earner for him. Put it like this at 6 k from bg youd still be very competative even if you sub a bit of work out to a commercial gsr .am sure there are a few commercial guys on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler and 8 rads in church rooms.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock