Discuss Boiler condemned by British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 84970

British Gas has condemned our boiler as the heat exchanger is leaking onto the circuit board.

We currently pay boiler care cover and thought that this would be covered, but the engineer who was actually a nice bloke said look i'll need to call my boss to see if we can cover this.

Couple of minutes later he said sorry my boss said its not covered as we were previously advised to do a powerflush.

He said he could fit the parts but it would cost us £400 or get British Gas to call us with a quote for a new boiler, which i said no just leave it.

When the guy was putting it back together I said, so if i had got the flush would the parts be replaced and he said no due to the parts that had already been fitted previously.

Would this cause the exchanger to leak and can the engineer determine thats why it failed even without taking the exchanger out ?

I know Im not going to get anywhere with this and just feeling frustrated as it will be a couple of months before i could get money together for a new boiler which i know i need

Thanks

I've been out to one today bg wouldn't do the repair as the system needs a power flush

Turn out it was a leaky filling loop

Best get a second opinion

The design of these boilers was always stupid , who locates a lecky unit under the water valve
It’s stupid , funny tho I know the designer of this boiler he is my friend hey ho

Reply to Boiler condemned by British Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock