Discuss Boiler fan wont go off/slow down when no call for heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, I have an old alpha 240p boiler that has continuous pilot. When the fan broke in march we got it replaced but now it wont go quiet. I believe with this boiler the fan is supposed to be on all the time, but is supposed to slow down and go quiet when there's no call for heating or hot water. That's how it's always been anyway. Before it was "repaired" we barely heard it when the heating was off at night. Now it sounds like a blooming generator, it's on full blow continuously and we have to turn the heating off at the mains every night to get peace from it. But then, when his nibs is up for work at 4am there's no hot water for him (boiler is upstairs in a cupboard in the bedroom).

I had the repairmen in umpteen times and they tell me it's working fine, but it definitely is not. As far as I know I've had a new fan, then new aps, pcb ('cos my son turned a tap on when the guy was at the boiler and he though it was an anomaly) and lots of seals -all of that because I told them the fan's supposed to be quiet. I'm still paying for this too. I've asked advice from a variety of folk and they mostly tell me the wiring to aps is wrong or the aps is stuck to the on position. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks so much for any advice.

to get more answers to your problem please register thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler fan wont go off/slow down when no call for heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock