Discuss Boiler final combustion analyser reading advice wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luke2611

Buying a new property which has recently had a gas safety certificate issued.
The boiler that is fitted is a Halstead Quattro Gold and is over 15 years old. The reading for the final combustion analyser is 0.0009
I have been told that it is highly unlikely that a boiler of that age would have a reading like that. Is this true? If so is it a case that it hasn't been checked correctly?

Did they leave a print out ? what were the rest of the readings ? if not happy get it re done.

Not true, a boiler of that age could easily have that reading. But at 15 years old expect to be fitting a new one soon

Maybe the boiler was on minimum output, it doesn't really matter as longs you got the cert

Last edited:
Operating pressure 29.52
That was the only other reading. It's just a safety record,nothing more

Last edited by a moderator:
Operating pressure 29.52
That was the only other reading. It's just a safety record,nothing more

The box sometimes allows pressure or kW output, that sounds more like a kW reading or gas rate

Looks like hes put the heat input in the wrong box.
Call him and ask

Do you have a rough idea on cost of a new one?

Yes, a combi is about 1000 & allow about 1000 to flush system & install etc, pretty basic costing, it could be less or more depending on a lot of factors...

as above and tbh i dont leave print outs if over 10 years,

and if it was me i would be getting it serviced before i moved in anyway

You have a problem if operating pressure is 29.5 To high for nat gas to low for LPG, That's the heat output of boiler in Kw, look on boiler it will tell you what model it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler final combustion analyser reading advice wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back