Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Fuels? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MJB

Hi everyone,
Brand new to forum from South Glos.
Our small close of 10 bungalows has no gas main. LPG too expensive, solid fuel not convenient.
We have no c.heating at all at the moment, except portable El. storage heaters.
Have fitted a couple of complete radiator systems over last few years except for
final connection to gas supply.
I'm thinking of electric combi. for CH and DHW, such as Elnor Gabarron CMX 15 or CMX 18.
Any ideas or comments most welcome.
Thanks in advance, MJB

Un vented cyl with solar thermal or PV and ashp?biomass / RHI might be up your street! Payments for having it !

Fitted the Elnur combi, I was quite impressed (except for the 69kg weight).

Un vented cyl with solar thermal or PV and ashp?biomass / RHI might be up your street! Payments for having it !

Thanks for that. I should do more research into biomass etc. I thought payments for having it are dwindling if not disappearing altogether.
The bungalow really faces wrong direction to take full advantage of any solar system. ie. NE being a semi-det. we have no facility for anything on the SW.

Thanks, Mainly the cost of infrastructure, maintenance etc. and after all that expense you never actually own the tank. I did get a quote but it was about 8 grand for installation etc. Too much.MJB

Many thanks for reply.
Yeah. I had noticed that weight.
Fortunately we have very good solid walls to hang it on.

Hi and thanx for reply.
I know nothing at all about biomass.
MUST DO MORE HOMEWORM
MUST DO MORE HOMEWORK
MUST DO MORE HOMEWORK

but you need a district provider. oil and solar hw for me, simple to install and use and if you set up a buying coop prices are reasonable

Oil is the best off grid option in my opinion. Got oil at my house in forest of dean. New grant and unvented. Had ashp before and was good but house was brand new and well I nsulated

but you need a district provider. oil and solar hw for me, simple to install and use and if you set up a buying coop prices are reasonable

I work with a company who would do this all for free in return for the RHI payments

Last edited:
Thanks simon0703,
We have oil in our current place and prices have gone out of control.
Also I have no idea how much it will cost to install infrastructure, tank etc.
Our new place has a very small garden and your average 12000 l. tank will probably
take up a quarter of it. Still cogitating, an idea how much tank installation may cost? MJB.

I work with a company who would do this all for free in return for the RHI payments

great till you want to sell your house and the solicitor points out its sublet to a bunch of parasites for 25 years.

Worry about cost of Bio mass installs and cost of fuel in the future. Was cheap fuel, but getting expensive, because of demand.

You talk like oil and gas won't rise.

But yes I do agree they have to be very careful, and cap projects like this with supply in mind, to ensure where not doing silly things like importing timber to burn from Canada and driving prices excessively high

Hi everyone, and than you for all you replies.
There seems to be no favourite as each of us has own preferences.
I am still seriousy considering either electric boilers such as elnur or individual electric
radiators such as modern individual el. rads. which are a doddle to fit, run off a 13a socket,
and if you can believe the ads. are now as ecconomical to run as any other fuel.
Obviously this should be for a different forum to this one.
In the meantime thanks to everyone who has responded. MJB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Fuels? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock