Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler hissing / spluttering and leaking after shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trillo

Hi, I hope somebody can help me identify a problem I have with my boiler.

It's a 'Halstead Ace High' combi boiler. The central heating and hot working are fine, however after a shower or long-time use of hot water it makes a hissing / spluttering noise for about ten minutes and leaks water (brownish in colour).

If I turn the heating straight on after the shower, then this eliminates the problem, but I don't want to keep on doing that!

Any ideas about what the problem is and how much it might cost to fix?

Thanks,

Rob

best to get your local engineer in to have a look. sounds like it could be one of a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler hissing / spluttering and leaking after shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When we moved into our house in 2016, the electric water heater popped loudly when heating. After awhile, I researched and realized that it was...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock