Discuss Boiler in kitchen cupboard, where to instal magnaclean / TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascas

Have a job where a combi is being installed into a kitchen cupboard. gas, cold feed, dhw are going down, and flow return need to go up to ceiling. cannot use a standoff kit, and it will push boiler too far from wall for cupboard.

With the combi in a cupboard (900 x 500), and pipes below boxed, I am struggeling to find space to put in a magnabooster 2 (i think this is smaller in size than a magnaclean).

How have others overcome similar situations.

I could bring the flow return down from the boiler, and then behind the kitchen sink (and drop in the magnaclean under the sink), however think may cause problems with the clearance required for the washing machine if pipe are behind.

You could fit it elsewhere on the system, perhaps in a cpd upstairs.
I know it is preferable to fit it on the return enterning the boiler but they do not catch all the muck in one pass anyway so wherever you fit it the water and any particles will be circulated through a lot of times before it catches it all.
A magnabooster will fit behind a washing machine ok but the problem is getting in to clean it.

I have had an issue like this when replacing a system to a combi!
I linked the primary's in the cylinder cupboard and put the filter in there if that helps!?

Hi Jefaz, Does linking the primary's like this cause a bypass? If not, then how effective would it be? Always learning.

Sorry I wasn't quite clear there.
What I did was to take the flow into the 3 port valve and link to the flow to the heating. That is where I placed the filter so in affect no there is no bypass as the flow pipe is now one.
The return from the cylinder was capped to create a dead leg
While not ideal being on the flow there was no scope to put it on the return due to the same issue with kitchen cupboards!
I have since been back to service and the filter is effective as had caught a lot. I fitted the tf1 as I prefer them

You could fit it elsewhere on the system, perhaps in a cpd upstairs.
I know it is preferable to fit it on the return enterning the boiler but they do not catch all the muck in one pass anyway so wherever you fit it the water and any particles will be circulated through a lot of times before it catches it all.
A magnabooster will fit behind a washing machine ok but the problem is getting in to clean it.

Thanks for post. If I cant find anywhere better then I should be able to take the return via a fitted wardrobe upstairs, and drop in the magnaclean/tf1 etc up there.

How much clearance is there behind a integerated washing machine or dishwaster? Is there clearance to run 22mm pipe behind. Most specifications list depth as 59/60?

Generally there is 50mm - 80mm space behind a washing machine.
Dishwashers are different. Not a lot of space at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler in kitchen cupboard, where to instal magnaclean / TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock