Discuss Boiler installation nightmare - advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Unfortunately people want a cheap job. Paying someone cash to complete a job when they don't have their own gas ticket. Sorry but its asking for trouble. His employer sold you the boiler etc. all sounds a bit dodgy to me. I hope get it all sorted out. Make sure you check your boiler guarantee too.

Unfortunately people want a cheap job. Paying someone cash to complete a job when they don't have their own gas ticket. Sorry but its asking for trouble. His employer sold you the boiler etc. all sounds a bit dodgy to me. I hope get it all sorted out. Make sure you check your boiler guarantee too.
If only it was cheap. I went with them as had used the plumber twice previously for bathroom renovations but it was a big mistake. Price paid was similar to other quotes so I can't even console myself with the fact the the money saved can go towards rectification. Thanks for the reply.

If only it was cheap. I went with them as had used the plumber twice previously for bathroom renovations but it was a big mistake. Price paid was similar to other quotes so I can't even console myself with the fact the the money saved can go towards rectification. Thanks for the reply.
Hope you get it sorted. You will have to get the other heating engineer to check and recommission.

What have you actually paid for the job?
What did you pay the employer for the boiler?
What did you get from the employer - boiler make, model, flue, any extras, did you get a receipt?
Can you post some
Pictures of the work done

Hope you get it sorted. You will have to get the other heating engineer to check and recommission.
Thanks. At the moment, the original installer will be refused entry to property unless his employer confirms he is working on their behalf to rectify as I now feel he isn't registered to do the work as an indiviudal. Hence, the silence.

Ignorance is no excuse and I'm not blameless. He did say he was registered through his employer to install boilers & I accepted this. The fact he ordered the parts using his employers account & I paid his employer directly via bank transfer to their business bank account on the day of installation gave me (false) reassurance that this would be a legal install & that he was competent. I was promised an invoice in my name, hence why I paid his employer direct. However, this promise came from the installer, not his employer.

In my own profession, I can work for my employer & myself under the same annual registration with my professional body so it just didn't occur to me gas regulations work in a different way. Again, my fault for not double checking.

I'm at the stage where I just want the inspection logged by Gas Safe as quickly as possible so its harder for this to happen to anyone else & then pay to rectify asap if necessary.

The additional cost is at the very bottom of my list of concerns at the moment.

Again, thanks for the best wishes & honest response. In future, I'll pay the window cleaner cash but that's about it.

Gas Safe inspection completed & report being prepared. Work was completed by Gas Safe Engineer but not registered to do work as an individual.

Paying different company to rectify faults.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 52
Hang on. The OP paid money by bank transfer to a company which now claims this installation is nothing to do with it. Has the company refused the payment? Has the company confirmed in writing it is not involved?

Far as I'm concerned, if the company has passed this money on to the installer who commissioned the boiler, then it is involved (or it needs to refund the money).

Reply to Boiler installation nightmare - advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Outside of using a gas-safe LPG engineer, do I have to notify building control for the installation of pipework, hob and a 15kg propane bottle?
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock