Discuss Boiler losing pressure without any leakage in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello!

I have a combi boiler (n8 topline compact hrc 30/cw5) required to fill in 1.5 BA, 8 radiators, and heated floors in the same system.

I have a pressure loss problem, I lose ~0.3-0.4 every week without visible leakage. I had 2 plumbers and 1 guy from the boiler gas service company.

The leakage wasn't found. The expansion vessel is okay - excluded by both plumbers. The pressure relief valve is ok, the filling loop is ok.

What I did:
• turned off the floors - same situation
• checked all the visible pipes and thermostats with napkins - no wet
• bleed all the radiators after a topup

Maybe crucial for analysis:
- Once the pressure had dropped to 0.1, I thought it was a significant leakage and drained out all the water through the filling loop, I got 0 BA. Then we found no leakage - we topped up - the pressure started rising immediately from 1.0 and not 0 as was expected.

Please help to analyse, any advice is welcome. I do not know what to do

When you can, over pressurise the system say to 2 bar without turning the system on and see if the condensate is leaking, you may have a cracked/faulty heat exhanger.

Reply to Boiler losing pressure without any leakage in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
I have an 8 year old Potterton HE Gold combi boiler losing pressure. I have isolated the central heating to leave just water heating and it is...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone.! I have a Betacom 2 24 Boiler ( 10 years old) and have been having issues with the pressure dropping. So far, I have had 2...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock