Search the forum,

Discuss boiler pcb query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boabgti

Hi i got a call from a landlord who was charged £200 fir a new pcb in an old compact 24 boiler. He doesn't think the guy actually did change it so he asked me to taje a look and see if it was new or not, i did tell him it would be hard too say as there sealed inside a cover and dint really get dirty.Anyway had a look but it was hard to tell, i asked the tennant but he had left and told the engineer to lock up so he didn't see what had been done.The expasion tanks goosed so it keeps loosing pressure and he said that this was the original fault he wanted fixed and said boile worked fine after topping up, so obviously he didn't need to change the board to fix that and he's just topped up pressure and left then charge for the pcb.Does anybody have any idea if the new boards have a different label on them to the old original, i usually have a spare kicking around so i could check but dont at the moment any info would be great help.I will give vokera a call tomorow if no joy.

If it's new it will be nice and shiney, they do gather a bit of dust and dull off. If you give the serial number on the part to vokera they can tell you when it was made. I think they have a date stamp on them somewhere.

I don't have one of those in my van so canna take a pic for you either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a look but couldnt see any date just the white sricker with fw0001, had a look at some on line and looks as though they have a different number on this sticker.I have seem a good few of these boards and havnt really noticed much dust in them compared to other boilers.The plastic on top of the transformer does look yellowed but so do some of the pics on line,just need to try and look for seriak number and phone vokera.

Unless your being paid for your to investigate dont waste your time landlords problem not yours.

It's ok i know the guy i do work in his shops and garages, but his brother inlaw deals with his house's throught his letting agent so not worried about that.I wouldn't do it for just anyone calling out the blue I'd just tell them to ask for the receipt as proof.The thing is he doesn't know whether its his bro inlaw thats at it or the plumber lol.

Hi
Are you Gas Safe if not you should not be looking inside a boiler

Got a cylinder in the back just now lol, but the rest of the house was piped in stainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler pcb query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock