Currently reading:
Boiler registration

Discuss Boiler registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
When a GS person fits the boiler they fill out the benchmark cert.

Do they then register with gas safe & the boiler manufacturer?

Can you then find out whether a boilers been registered?

If so, what info is needed if you don't know the installer details & can't find the benchmark cert?

Thx

I honestly don't thinks it's a case of her having a dodgy install & now wanting it checked.

I think the paperwork is lost

If I smelt a rat id bin it & not get involved & waste my time.

Last edited:
Well I'm sure if you told her it requires a service also she would get it done

I don't want to sound like I'm making obstacles but I just get sick of people thinking they are getting one over the system and getting things on the cheap because they don't want to do things correctly.

Agreed mate but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Particularly as they are saying that it was never registered with gs/LBC or the boiler manufacturer. To be honest it sounds dodgy to me but then maybe I'm over suspicious. My point being, that based on a recent experience of mine where guy got his mate to install and wanted me to commission for the price of a gas safety and I told him exactly how it is and that if he wanted it commissioning then it would be on my terms and at my price.

No one saying it was never registered

They're saying it was but can't find paperwork.

If she was telling me on the quiet a non GS person fitted it, I'd walk away. I'm not interested in dodgyness!

I honestly don't thinks it's a case of her having a dodgy install & now wanting it checked.

I think the paperwork is lost

If I smelt a eat id bin it & not get involved & waste my time.

What boiler is it? Is it worth registering it with manufacturer for extended warranty? I just get very suspect of people who can't remember who they've paid a couple of grand too for the install. I'd be happy for one of my customers to call me re a warranty or LBC issue as I know I register everything properly. It's just too coincidental when none of its done

Agreed mate but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Particularly as they are saying that it was never registered with gs/LBC or the boiler manufacturer. To be honest it sounds dodgy to me but then maybe I'm over suspicious. My point being, that based on a recent experience of mine where guy got his mate to install and wanted me to commission for the price of a gas safety and I told him exactly how it is and that if he wanted it commissioning then it would be on my terms and at my price.

Yea get your point and normally you can tell , eg no / not many clips , soldering all over the place / compression joints used instead, boiler not level

If it was me and I was happy with the install eg plenty of clips, boiler level and flue screwed and taped and passed all the tests I wanted I would be happy

But you have to go install by install eg can't class them all in the same bracket

Had a very similar conversation with a nice recently widowed lady who strongly suspected that hubby had a mate install the boiler, no receipt, no paperwork sent off etc. Told her for her sake and the sake of the children to get it serviced and all checked over.

Last edited:
Prob only 2 year out the box warranty mate so may not be registered with Glowworm but still needs gas safe/LBC registration. Sorry I'm not having a go but I hate when others do it properly and some idiots don't bother which makes extra work for others. I hope she puts some cash your way for helping out

Had a very similar conversation with a nice recently widowed lady who strongly suspected that hubby had a mate install the boiler, no receipt, no paperwork sent off etc. Told her for her sake and the sake of the children's to get it serviced and all checked over.

Definitely

Prob only 2 year out the box warranty mate so may not be registered with Glowworm but still needs gas safe/LBC registration. Sorry I'm not having a go but I hate when others do it properly and some idiots don't bother which makes extra work for others. I hope she puts some cash your way for helping out

Yeah, the GS person will charge & I'll charge for my time

I'm not doing favours for people I don't know anymore no matter how old they are

I gotta make a living, no more nice guy charity good old boy he'll do it for a cup of tea.

No your not mate but your airing on the side of caution as we have t see it :) which we all should do

Whoever takes the job will charge accordingly & make sure it's safe. They've got to protect their GS membership also

Is this the same boiler as the other thread - condense just poking out the wall?

See if you can post the job on the forum rocket then you could go along as well.

I might ask Toxic but he was busy busy last week.

I don't like to keep troubling people!

Pester until you either get a yes or no, quiet simple tbh either he's got time or not

As its a Glow-Worm boiler call them first, with address & Post code, it could have been registered to GS by Glow-Worm if installer was a member of rewards club, if not then call GS and ask them, if it is registered they will send a duplicate cert (For a Charge) If none of these it can still get registered but will need re-commissioning , and that could prove difficult, as you need to find someone prepared to do it

Thx for all your comments

I'm signing off for today

Football starting soon then my 12 yo have voted fit Chinese tea!

Have a good evening all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock