Discuss Boiler Servicing Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willing2learn

I've got myself some brushes for cleaning out heat exchangers etc. But what I'm after are the thin solid metal tools (a bit like those metal thickness gauges but longer) to poke down the tight gaps of heat exchangers in ideal icos' etc.

Any ideas where I can get these from?

If you're stuck a blunt hacksaw blade will do , but go easy.

Not a good sign when aluminium exchanger blocked. Be gentle with the fins.
Probably green and grey. After i have cleaned one of these, my face burns?
Now, before i do this type of work, i throw a dust sheet over the flue.

With regards to brushes, when you buy a set, there will be a blade in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/brushesandabrasives/REGT75"]REGT75 - Long Cleaning Blade | Regin[/DLMURL]
there you go

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/brushesandabrasives/REGT75"]REGT75 - Long Cleaning Blade | Regin[/DLMURL]
there you go

You the man!! That's you on my christmas card list for this year!!!

Dom

that regin site looks like a handy site for equipment !

question, can you order off of this site ? can't see any prices anywhere

Last edited:
dont think you can but what ever you are after take down the part numbers and order it in pts,parts centre etc

Best to wear a dust mask when doing these as the dust / powder that comes off is definitely not good for the lungs.
If i breath it in it near chokes me and it makes me itch too.
Use some air duster on it too or if you have none blow through it with the hose off your guage (that is when you get a lung full).

Best to wear a dust mask when doing these as the dust / powder that comes off is definitely not good for the lungs.
If i breath it in it near chokes me and it makes me itch too.
Use some air duster on it too or if you have none blow through it with the hose off your guage (that is when you get a lung full).

good advice tamz

just to bring this back to life and save posting another thread about the same, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good quality brush set , need to get my first set for servicing ? i found a couple of 9 and 11 piece sets on ebay, i wondered if any of you guys thought these looked decent enough quality wise, or if there is preferred brand used amongst the more experienced H/E's..?

cheers

Buy what you fancy, my latest set has 9 pieces and was on special at £5.50.
I know it will last at least a couple of years, good value or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Servicing Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back