Discuss Boiler Type and Size in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Capricorn

I am looking to put a new heating system in a 5-6 bed house with 4 baths. The config is as follows:

• Upstairs there are 2 beds and 2 bath
  • Downstairs there are 3 beds and 2 bath + Kitchen + Utility

The max usage bathrooms wise will be 2 showers running in parallel.

Total radiators will be approx 8-10 and in addition to above there will be underfloor heating of approx 150 sqm

I was thinking of using a 30-38 Kw Combi Boiler to run downstairs + an Indirect cylinder to be used for 2 baths upstairs. I know its not standard config but only reason for going combi is to avoid any standing heat loss.

Can anyone suggest the best way forward and what size boiler ideally will I need?

Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have some standing heat loss from a cylinder than a large combi firing up everytime. Your heating requirements aren't an issue and with a modern boiler HW priority can be set up ie. you no longer need to make an allowance in terms of output for CH + HW in your calculations and don't forget your UFH and radiator circuits should be hydraulically seperated unlike this fellow...

Reply to Boiler Type and Size in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back