Discuss booster pump for outside taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andekoch

A client of mine wants the pressure and flor to his garden taps boosted. around 5 outside taps and approx 60m of burried pipe (20mm od with a 8mm approx id).
the taps are currently fed direct off the mains but he has lowish mains pressure (joys of living on top of a hill). i havent gone into details with him on what he wants yet but below is my first guess.

I am wondering what pump and storage cistern you guys would use, size depends on what flow rate and duration he wants. my guess is he probably needs at least 10l/min and 4bar rom the pump with a live storage of 1hr (600l / 135gal).

what would you use?

would it not be easier to replace the buried pipe? 20mm od and 8mm id may be the problem.

At 20mm od and 8mm id the pipe would have to be lead and furred up at that. 20mm poly has an id of 15mm and even the old 3/8" LDPE is around 12 id.
Have you checked the existing pressure on the outside taps?
Sounds like you are confusing flow rate with pressure.

Hi. I would check the obvious before major works. That is leaks, if is been in some time its possible that the pipe is holed / frost damaged which will affect performance. If sound? And a pump is required check out DAP pumps, i have used them and had happy ending. As for cisterns. I order to keep the price sensible, i have used the caged plastic containers (1m cubed) that are surplus when empty, used by firms that deal in fibre glass (boats etc), the resins come in them.Good Luck

At 20mm od and 8mm id the pipe would have to be lead and furred up at that. 20mm poly has an id of 15mm and even the old 3/8" LDPE is around 12 id.
Have you checked the existing pressure on the outside taps?
Sounds like you are confusing flow rate with pressure.

the pipe is old 3/4" so probably 12 id 8 was from memory.
existing statis pressure on the outside taps is low, as it is in the house. when flowing the dynamc pressure is next to nothing and hence the low flow rate due to too high a pressure drop along the pipe. that is why i want to increase the pressure so more can flow.
dont want to sound condesending but flow and pressure are linked, may be how I worded the op.

customer does not want pipes dug up.

thanks for the suggestion justlead1, that will make quite a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to booster pump for outside taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock