Discuss Bosch warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have two 10.8v combi drills, one bought in 2013 and one 2014/15 and both have trigger problems. One failed me tonight (stone dead with full battery) but has suddenly started working again.

How long are bosch blue warranty, I haven't registered them, should I have done?

think its 1 year with out and 3-5 years with

and if they say no open them up and spray with elec cleaner (trigger part)

my SDS Dewalt did that, took it in fir repair and it was the trigger switch that had jumped out of position, the repair guy glued it back in and no charge as its a known issue!

take it apart and have a look mate.

When the first one played up last year I took it apart and the trigger is a sealed module along with the battery indicator LEDs, cost of that was about £40 and could get a bare unit for about that so bought another.

1 year only if you don't register the 3 year warranty.
But do take them back as you might get it done free.
Bosch are not great for cordless. I have one Bosch "Professional" combi drill and it just isn't a professional tool.

1 year only if you don't register the 3 year warranty.
But do take them back as you might get it done free.
Bosch are not great for cordless. I have one Bosch "Professional" combi drill and it just isn't a professional tool.

tbf my 36v has been ace hasnt missed a beat

I'll say this, I have a cheapo Aldi 10.8 drill driver (£15 special offer) and its just as good as these Bosch ones and just the same feel.

I must start registering tools when I buy them.

Must admit I fancy that drill. Looks good value also!
But I have a Hilti 36 volt combi.

what you think of the hilti?

and the new one or old one? eg plus on the end?

I'll say this, I have a cheapo Aldi 10.8 drill driver (£15 special offer) and its just as good as these Bosch ones and just the same feel.

I must start registering tools when I buy them.

Better registering the things straight away and then forgetting about it.
I was told fairly recently by an agent for various professional tools (Dewalt, Panasonic, Metabo, Bosch, etc, that Bosch corded tools are the best, but their cordless are poor and not really professional. He found they got a lot back faulty

I wish I'd bought into the Makita 10.8 and not the Bosch, I thought at the time they were the best, I got the 10.8 Bosch mini circular this week and I'm registering that right now!

what you think of the hilti?

and the new one or old one? eg plus on the end?

Mine is still the current model - TE6 A36. It isn't the chiselling drill (TE30) which costs best part of £900 I think.
It's a great drill for small holes up to about 18mm or more if you step up the drill bits.

Mine is still the current model - TE6 A36. It isn't the chiselling drill (TE30) which costs best part of £900 I think.
It's a great drill for small holes up to about 18mm or more if you step up the drill bits.

bosch you can drill 28mm straight out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back