Discuss Breaking the custards stuff! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Okay this maybe an old type thread but this day and age folks attentions are about a thread thick! lol :) Here goes...!

Yesterday I was getting myself down from a kitchen bench, holding onto whatever you can for support!! Well I happened to hold onto the kitchen pelmet forming the top of the cupboard around the boiler ....... Ooops!! The whole pelmet came away with the side panel, door attached to side panel, plinth, and clattered to the floor!! All of a sudden the kitchen wall units shrunk in length and a boiler became exposed! lol

B&Q are sometimes handy, is all I can say :) Today it cost me a couple of hours of my time in DIY Joinery putting it al back together! :)

Any of you got some tales of restoration?

Steve

Had an oil combi that we lifted down from a chest height stand.

sadly weight was underestemated and it went through the floor into the subfloor.....

floor was patched up very quickly.

boilers still down there.....

I was fitting a boiler in a kitchen cpd a few years ago and the vibrations from my hammering made a kitchen wall unit fall down complete with the sunday dishes. It had been put up with screw ins and there must have been about a cwt of dishes in it. We came to a compromise. I put the unit back up and gave her £50 for a set of dishes.

Some years ago my father was resting on a wooden chair cutting a piece of wood. When he finished he realised he had also taken 1/2" off the front of the chair. A bit of sanding and varnishing and no one was any the wiser.

I was fitting a new boiler in a rather grim council house a few years back. Was soldering up the flow and return, didn't want a solder run so moved the blow lamp away for a second. Trouble was I aimed at the net curtain! It went up in a second, shrivelled to nothing and disappeared in a puff of smoke! After finishing up I waited for the slobby tenant to notice but nobody said a word!

I got one to beat you all!

Yesterday I opened a bath tap, not noticing the plug and chain was tightly curled round it. Well, the extra tension snapped the chain! Luckily, with a bit of quick thinking, I rushed to the van where luck would have it I had spare one. I swapped them over and you just couldn't tell the difference.

This job!

Removing a defective hot tap I slipped and put hand through bath. Sales man came out, convinced custard bath was defective and ready to fail. We supplied labour he paid for new bath.

Dropped a wall hung lump on to a dark worktop, chipped it through a dust sheet and foam mat, black marker pen!

Apprentice was drilling pipe clips for a boiler and pipe work, drilled the 20 odd holes. Went to adjoining room and there were 20 holes through the 55mm block wall! Lots of easy fill and repaired as house being renovated!

I was fitting a new boiler in a rather grim council house a few years back. Was soldering up the flow and return, didn't want a solder run so moved the blow lamp away for a second. Trouble was I aimed at the net curtain! It went up in a second, shrivelled to nothing and disappeared in a puff of smoke! After finishing up I waited for the slobby tenant to notice but nobody said a word!

suddenly they had a light in the kitchen :D

Donkeys yes ago I firm I worked with were in the Sunday paper cause the cut a hole in a wall for a BF boiler , problem was it wasn't outside wall it was single brick party wall to next doors bedroom cupboard as it was so dark the guy thought he was into the cavity, didn't realise till he had half the hole out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Breaking the custards stuff! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock