Discuss Brexit - Will the new points migration system lead to a shortage of plumbers? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Be prepared in just a few years to see a return of the tabloid headlines. "Plumbers earn more than your bank manager" and adverts for the short courses to go with it.

yep but I don’t think they’ve stopped saying that saw something last week / a couple ago plumber earns 220k a year and doesn’t work weekends was the title

in short he works for pims in london and does 3 days straight eg 24hours as he’s on call then back to 7-6 etc

Cant see the points system having any difference apart from stopping people without the requisite skills. Same as any other trade/profession.

If there is a perceived shortage then I would think they would have a system similar to Australia who have a trades/profession in needs list and fast track immigration applications for those candidates.

I know at least 3 plumbers with university degrees, though. Perhaps 99.999% is an exaggeration. Plus, surely the requirement would be for new immigrant plumbers not for those already living in the UK?

Unfortunately qualifications dont make a good plumber, likewise a lack of qualifications dont make a bad one.

Theres no qualification for being practical, think logically and have common sense. I think these three things will get you further than a bit of paper that confirms you have a good memory.

Reply to Brexit - Will the new points migration system lead to a shortage of plumbers? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back