Search the forum,

Discuss Britony 2T thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey, before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm all for not giving out free advice on gas DIY etc I avoided it long before it became policy on the forum.

That said, this guy was just trying to light his pilot?

At what point does it become unreasonable to offer advise, as this just appeared to be merely mentioning the fact it was a gas appliance?

I'm not going to add another reply to this post for risk of stirring up hassle, just curious to see what the general opinion is?

so if it was failed thermocouple, broken gas valve what advice were we to give, sounded like it needed looking at to me unless you know better

Ballanced flue and crappy one piece case that contains everything. He cant fix anything not even the rotator knob for the pilot without takingbthe cover off.... No go and rightly so.

Hey, before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm all for not giving out free advice on gas DIY etc I avoided it long before it became policy on the forum.

That said, this guy was just trying to light his pilot?

At what point does it become unreasonable to offer advise, as this just appeared to be merely mentioning the fact it was a gas appliance?

I'm not going to add another reply to this post for risk of stirring up hassle, just curious to see what the general opinion is?

I agree. He was only trying to light the pilot he lit it then I'm guessing turned the knob too quick so the pilot didn't catch then tried to turn it again straight away.

All he needed telling was to leave the knob in the off position for a few minutes before trying again and leaving it on pilot for 30secs. If it didn't work again then he needs an engineer.

There was nothing that states he was taking case off etc and if we can't tell someone how to light their pilot light then they will go elsewhere and ask DIY forums and people who do not know what they are doing and then he may unwittingly put his and his families life in danger.

What is next we don't tell people how to top up water pressure? Or how to reset a boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony 2T thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock