Discuss Brushless tools now at Lidl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes, incredible! Don’t think any other brand will match that. Brushless tools including 5.0 ah battery and charger with 5 year warranty and for little money.
If I hadn’t already got most cordless tools, I would buy all 3 of Lidl’s brushless tools. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they sell spare batteries that they will be cheap.

Yes, incredible! Don’t think any other brand will match that. Brushless tools including 5.0 ah battery and charger with 5 year warranty and for little money.
If I hadn’t already got most cordless tools, I would buy all 3 of Lidl’s brushless tools. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they sell spare batteries that they will be cheap.

Just bear in mind that their warranties normally have a DIY use only get out clause, would assume these do to.

Just bear in mind that their warranties normally have a DIY use only get out clause, would assume these do to.

That is correct. Still shows a confidence in the product though to give 5 year warranty. Am sure it will say it won’t cover a lot of things though.
I don’t use most power tools on a daily basis, so they should last similar to what would be considered diy enthusiast use.

As long as they are 5.0 ah

Just demonstrates how we, once again, are being screwed by the brands... Bosch 3 years for only £300 - bargain! :mad::mad::mad:

Had a look in my Lidl store today and the brushless combi drill has a 2.5 ah battery.
Combi has 60 Nm maximum torque.
All tools come in nice cases with metal locks.
Think drill has metal chuck, but I couldn’t open boxes because inside part sealed cardboard boxes.

The angle grinder and circular saw both come with 5.0 ah batteries.
Circular saw does not include saw blade, but only £4.99 for choice of blades.

I notice the impressive claimed % increase in power, run time, motor life, etc, is based on comparison with Parkside equivalent ordinary tools.

I have plenty of tools that still perform very well with their brushed motors but my brushless gear is a superior tech for obvious reasons, why would tool reps that make their living selling tools tell you otherwise?

I have plenty of tools that still perform very well with their brushed motors but my brushless gear is a superior tech for obvious reasons, why would tool reps that make their living selling tools tell you otherwise?

My guess is the point they were making is that the improvements/performance gains are marginal and not sufficient to warrant chucking out gear that is still working.

Perhaps in that case, still I think we (of a certain generation) forget how it used to be with batteries dying on their arse overnight or mid-job and drills with batteries as heavy as sledge hammers.

Bought a DeWalt 6 piece 11 years ago, only problem is the 2amp batteries draining fast, tried to get a couple of 'new' ones only to find they had been new in storage for 7 years, one failed fast. So limping along on 3 batteries now. Only the grinder rally chews them up. Otherwise, other than replacing a gear in the sds, and drill - oh and impact skips sometimes, they were an excellent investment!

Bought a DeWalt 6 piece 11 years ago, only problem is the 2amp batteries draining fast, tried to get a couple of 'new' ones only to find they had been new in storage for 7 years, one failed fast. So limping along on 3 batteries now. Only the grinder rally chews them up. Otherwise, other than replacing a gear in the sds, and drill - oh and impact skips sometimes, they were an excellent investment!
This brush is the same brush I've at for 20 years, it's had two new handles and....

(I'll get me coat) :D

Reply to Brushless tools now at Lidl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back