Search the forum,

Discuss BTU Online Calculator discrpancy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alig31

Hi all,

I put the same bedroom dimension into mrcentralheating.co.uk/btu-calculator and into homesupply.co.uk/radiator_output_calculator.php and got wildly different values. The former recommended approx twice that of the latter......now I am confused.com.

Room Size 2.5H x 3.25W x 3.963D one outside wall double glazing and cavity wall insulation on first floor of house, room above is heated.

The former gives a value closer to the current radiator size although the radiators are pretty old.

Any recommends which one I should use and why the vast difference.

Regards Al

Practical experience with existing radiators is more relevant than generalised theoretical calculations. Replace with rads. of similar output, or be prepared to add blankets to the bed when assumptions of zero heat loss through internal walls and ceiling prove unreliable.

The existing rad is always a good guide, and if it creates the heat you want going a lot smaller could be disappointing and you could end up running your heating hotter to compensate. Quite why the figures are so different, they shouldn't be twice the difference. try several calculators, beware putting a pimple sized rad in room based on price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BTU Online Calculator discrpancy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock