Search the forum,

Discuss Budget alternative to system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nestumkiller

We have a system boiler with a cold water tank and hot water cylinder in our flat. However, both the cylinder and tank take too much space from our cupboard. With that in mind we were thinking about upgrading to a combi boiler. However a couple of days ago I've read somewhere that we could get rid of the water tank if we substituted the cylinder by a pressurised one. Is this something that would make sense to do both budget-wise (including labour) and also taking into account usability/durability?
Any views on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

If the boiler is in good working order and you need the space where the tank is fitted. Replacing with a pressurised cylinder is a good option. It will be talker than your existing cylinder and if you have good cold main pressure! your hot water will be much better.

you will need a local plumber who is g3 registered to fit, fitted wrong you have a potential hot water bomb.

If the boiler is in good working order and you need the space where the tank is fitted. Replacing with a pressurised cylinder is a good option. It will be talker than your existing cylinder and if you have good cold main pressure! your hot water will be much better.

you will need a local plumber who is g3 registered to fit, fitted wrong you have a potential hot water bomb.

Cheers for the answer. It wouldn't occur to me to have someone other than a certified professional doing that. I've seen some pictures of cylinders that exploded...
In terms of the boiler conditions I'm not sure as we moved in only a couple of months ago :-/. What would be a ballpark figure for one job (including equipment) versus the other if I may ask?

(it seems that my reply didn't get through)

I'm not sure in which condition the boiler is as we moved just a couple of months ago :/. Perhaps I should ask some local plumber to take a look. The space in the cupboard should be enough for a taller cylinder - there's roughly 2.5m of vertical space.
In regards to installation I agree - I don't want the cylinder to fire through the ceiling :). I've seen nasty pictures online of cylinders that just went through the roof...
In any case, would anyone give me a ballpark figure of either installation? (.i.e., a new combi-boiler versus replacing the current cylinder with a pressurized one).
Cheers for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Budget alternative to system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock