Discuss Burning Smell and Flames on Electrical Immersion in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a smell of burning from the immersion on hot water cylinder. The overheat pin had popped out, but when I popped it back in and switched on there were tiny smouldering flames around one of the contacts where the thermostat connects to the immersion.

Separately I've replaced the timer as there was a fault there so the supply current was permanently on.

Is this likely to be a fault with the immersion requiring a replacement or something more simple like swapping out the thermostat?

Yep sounds like it’s died

Reply to Burning Smell and Flames on Electrical Immersion in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I currently have an electric shower fitted which gets extremly hot and is forever burning out the fuse switch outside the bathroom which...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello I have no experience in this industry. A few years ago our home was completely stripped apart, remodelled and extended. This required new...
Replies
Views
A bit of a story but please bear with me. I have just sent 10 days away having switched off the the central heating controller and boiler. This is...
Replies
Views
I'd appreciate some guidance on whether my thinking is right: Direct feed, immersion-only tank, probably about 15 years old. Lower, side-entry...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock