Search the forum,

Discuss burst pipe help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

hi wondering if someone can help with a burst pipe issue,
We have a shared 63mm main without our own toby and suspect the burst is somewhere where we tee off into the house as we can hear it loudest at the stopcock.
Problem is that the previous owner has built the conservatory over it.
I have dug up the pipe before it disappears under the concrete and found that it goes through an old clay duct under the conservatory.
So i think im left with 2 options, trench around the conservatory and reroute the main, or if possible, somehow reuse the duct and replace the section, either way i would be fitting a new tee and stopcock to a new location in the house coming off the point before i reroute.

I would rather reuse the ducting so the big question is, could i somehow get the section out of the duct that has the tee in the middle...
Or, could i cut the main on either side of the conservatory and feed a 40mm pipe through the 63mm to replace the section?

If pipe is ducted, find both ends of duct. Water coming out of either end will confirm burst in ducted section. Insert new length through duct and tee off external to duct. Keep pipe size as previous.

Thanks for the reply, thing is i doubt that ill be able to squeeze a second 63mm pipe into the duct, what would be your plan B?

Remove existing main. Requirements:- Length of chain, Pull Lift and short tube approx. 70mm.diameter. to slide over existing main and drag out any tee piece causing obstruction.

Thanks Joni os, ripping it out would be best, sorry if I'm not properly understanding what you said but how exactly would I go about doing it?

BTW I'm not a plumber, and I live deep in the sticks and having trouble getting someone willing to come out for such an awkward job.

And will the 40mm ran through the 63 not work? As far as i know we only share with the house next door.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to burst pipe help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock