Search the forum,

Discuss Business Bank Accounts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I'm with Barclays, only in the middle of my second year of trading and only just started approaching getting busier. Just had a breakdown of last months charges for use of my business account at £35.

a) Is this standard or am I being ripped off?
b) Is there a way round this or do you have to use a business accout for business?
c) Is anyone with a bank that charges more reasonable amounts?

thanks

RBS will give you 2 years free banking for new business accounts.

After your free banking period, switch to another bank and they will give you a free period too, then just keep switching round. Its easy as they can migrate all standing orders etc without having to fill in forms all the time. Never paid a penny myself so far.

You're not being ripped off. This is what I pay as well. Not for nothing is their logo a picture of a vulcher.

Im with Barclays as well.

Their online banking works well for running numerous accounts ect.

Make sure you only pay in chqs when they mount up, they charge per transaction and per chq.

ie :- Paying in 1 chq costs 79p per transaction plus 30p per chq.

So if "possible" cut the amount of times you pay in, and dont use the cheque book at all, cant quote the price as I dont use it.

The account fee is a liberty tho @ £5.50 per month.

I cant comment on other banks.

Kev.

i was with barclays now moved to santander , have a look at theres

If you switch banks, most new banks will only give 6months free.
Who says you need a buisness account anyway,as a sole trader?

I'm with santander they have given me FREE banking for life with there account......

NO CHARGES..... downside its internet banking but who cares...

Who needs a business account, according to the press and the gov all plumbers earn £60k in cash - keep it under ya mattress!

i was with alliance and leicester who were great its now santander and they charge me £5 a month if i dont deposit £1000 a month which is most months now

I've just moved from barclays to HSBC they gave me 12months free banking for switching, It may be worth a visit...

I don't take cheques, prefer Paypal as I can take credit and debit card payments and don't have to wait a week for it to clear. As for Paypals fees, I charge a 2.5% surcharge on credit card payments like many retailers do to cover their costs.

By the way, cheques are NO longer guaranteed as cheque guarantee cards have been phased out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business Bank Accounts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock