Search the forum,

Discuss Business banking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Just gotta a letter today from nat west saying free banking on business account ends Feb.
Charges seem excessive and after watching panorama tonight and them being part of RBS.
I do not not intend keep banking there after free trial ends.
Anyone recommend a business bank or are they are just as bad as each other.

I'm with HSBC they offer 18 months free and you get your monthly statements detailing what it would cost after the free period ends so if your not happy I guess you can cancel

I run a seperate current account for my business, they aren't having anymore of my money!

Just gotta a letter today from nat west saying free banking on business account ends Feb.
Charges seem excessive and after watching panorama tonight and them being part of RBS.
I do not not intend keep banking there after free trial ends.
Anyone recommend a business bank or are they are just as bad as each other.

I bank with Natwest for pretty much everything and after watching that tonight, I've decided to go somewhere else. Looking at one of the building societys.

I'm with Co Operative Bank. Free for 1st 18 months then fees start. But if you join the FSB then you get free banking for as long as you remain a member.

FSB membership costs £150/year and is worth the money even without free banking as they have free legal advice, all sorts of training and information etc.

I'm with Co Operative Bank. Free for 1st 18 months then fees start. But if you join the FSB then you get free banking for as long as you remain a member.

FSB membership costs £150/year and is worth the money even without free banking as they have free legal advice, all sorts of training and information etc.
What does FSB stand for Massod?

I'm with lloydes, took them 3 months to set my business account up properly! Like everyone else no charges for the first 18 months

Beat me to it Massod, I was going to suggest the same thing. My accountant pointed me towards the FSB.

It's worth adding you don't need a branch close to you, the post office can be used.

im with lloyds. after free 18 months i gone electronic tariff. pay about £6/month i think but bank transfers are free and card use too. i get cheques and cash into my current acc to avoid charges. Works fine for me.

No bank does anything for free. Someone's paying for it somewhere, even if its just through patheticly low interest rates on credit balances.

What Masood said. I like the cooperative. They gave me a list of questions about the ethics of my company before joined (animal cruelty, arms dealing etc.) Because it is a cooperative the members voted on those issues important to them and have included them in there terms.

As bigads says you can also pay in money at my local post office, and get change changed up there as well.

The FSB gives you cover ( for accountant costs as far as I can tell) if the tax man deems it suitable to investigate you. It also has ex HMRC tax advisors to offer advice.

I know other people who have used them for business networking as they have regular meetups like business breakfasts.

no probs at all with the Yorkshire bank, it would take a lot for me to leave them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business banking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock