Search the forum,

Discuss Business Cards - Size Does Matter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stenno

Instead of using standard size Business Cards that everyone loses, try using post card size cards, bigger and better to read and customers are more likely to keep safe and use when they require your service, great for any trade to use, just an idea that I came up with.

plus my own business cards i keep in my wallet for that bloke down the pub, rather not be carrying around a display stand of postcards :)

They are not really suppose to be kept in your wallet, they are for customers to keep on note boards or in draws, from my own experience the small ones always get lost or mislaid, customers are far more likely to keep the large ones, but nothing stopping you keeping some in your van, tool case etc, when you do a job leave a few for customers to hand out to friends, family etc, give them a try you have nothing to lose..

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture1.jpg

This is the card I produced that is postcard size, feel free to take inspiration from it and copy the format if you want...

You can give me some feedback if you wish, tell me what you think and would you keep as is or do you think there is too much info on card ?
I believe you should use as much of the white space as possible, you see adverts in local papers etc with loads of white space and very little wording, you are paying for that space so fill it up with text get your moneys worth from your advert it costs nothing more.
Rant Over !:D

Anything a little different will help you be remembered or noticed. I haven't used business cards for over 4 years now. I'm not even in the yellow or blue books. Ive un-signwritten my van and my clothing. I thought the mAgnetic cards were a great idea then your name is going on the boiler or the fridge. Anyways if you like to do the things other plumbers don't want to you'll have to give me your number for when I don't want to do a job as I work alot in lincs, maybe you could give me one if your cards. O darn it you'll have to email me or message me or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got business cards for passing to people as i see them and flyers for delivering to houses.

tend not mix them up as someone would look at me daft if i carried the flyers round with me all the time. where as the business cards are with me all the time - the business cards are simnple and descriptive - where as the flyers are more fancy and were designed by a frined of mine. still have sod all work off the flyers but i suppose its getting the name out there!

Instead of using standard size Business Cards that everyone loses, try using post card size cards, bigger and better to read and customers are more likely to keep safe and use when they require your service, great for any trade to use, just an idea that I came up with.
Hi Stenno.....I do exactly that with a glossy double sided postcard....as it doesn't get mangled going through most letterboxes, and most people put it on their fridge for use later. I've had a lot of work where people have kept the card for the future.
I also put my address, mobile and landline numbers on it....as most people tell me it gives them more confidence knowing there is a landline number and address...they don't use people with just a mobile number!!!

You can give me some feedback if you wish, tell me what you think and would you keep as is or do you think there is too much info on card ?
I believe you should use as much of the white space as possible, you see adverts in local papers etc with loads of white space and very little wording, you are paying for that space so fill it up with text get your moneys worth from your advert it costs nothing more.
Rant Over !:D

Hi Stenno.....I personally think your card upon first glance is too cluttered...I would be inclined to get the same message across but use less wording. Maybe like appliances installed, taps, ball valves and drainage/waste that type of thing......as maybe some older people would struggle with all the cluttered info....just my constructive opinion.....everybody has different ideas.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business Cards - Size Does Matter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock