Search the forum,

Discuss Business loans for Ltd. companies? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain85

Looking to get a loan to fund the new wheels for work. I currently bank with HSBC and quite frankly think they are Carp. Takes a week to see someone about getting a loan! Clowns.. Any how, cos I'm considering moving bank I'd like to hear if anyone has or knows of else where to get a loan for a ltd company at decent rates?

Ta,

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you can show them your books AND you're making money ;)

Yeah got the books and money is being made. Any where apart from hsbc as a suggestion?

Even if you take the loan as an individual and pay it into your company as a loan from a director.

Accountant did also suggest taking a loan personally, although if I get planning il need to borrow for that so don't want a personal loan hanging over my head particularly.

Try Lloyds Bank. Just had a quick scoot over their website and they seem reasonable.

I bank with Lloyds & partially funded a new van with a loan from them 2 years ago. They couldn't have been more helpful, very good rates on the loan too.
The lady in the bank even advised me to borrow twice what I needed to get a much better interest rate, then immediately repay anything I didn't use whilst still keeping the same rate.

Accountant did also suggest taking a loan personally, although if I get planning il need to borrow for that so don't want a personal loan hanging over my head particularly.

if you arent willing to take on the loan as a personal loan, not sure why not, but if your worried about not be able to pay it back, then using the vehicle of a limited co to avoid the repayments is not a good reason for being a limited co in the first place. May have got this wrong but I am fed up with companies disappearing and reappearing later down the line, debt free!

If your in business and you want to expand you normally need to borrow the cash, the risk is you may have a bad year and risk losing the business due to debt. Only you know whether to borrow or not, but imho far too many out there go and borrow for new vans etc and dont realise they dont have the cash flow required to make the repayments. The banks dont mind, they will just take your house if you own one and flog the van.

From what you said, you are looking to build property as well and want the money/loan available for that, looking in from the outside Id do the build and forget a van upgrade, it could be the strw that breaks the camels back if yr not careful.

The other issue is that as a limited company, you used to be limited in the losses that could hit you as a director. Nowadays thats changed a bit and directors can be taken for a lot more than they realise as a limited co, but its still worse for a bank to lend to ltd companies hence why they sometimes show a lack of interest!

if you arent willing to take on the loan as a personal loan, not sure why not, but if your worried about not be able to pay it back, then using the vehicle of a limited co to avoid the repayments is not a good reason for being a limited co in the first place. May have got this wrong but I am fed up with companies disappearing and reappearing later down the line, debt free!

If your in business and you want to expand you normally need to borrow the cash, the risk is you may have a bad year and risk losing the business due to debt. Only you know whether to borrow or not, but imho far too many out there go and borrow for new vans etc and dont realise they dont have the cash flow required to make the repayments. The banks dont mind, they will just take your house if you own one and flog the van.

From what you said, you are looking to build property as well and want the money/loan available for that, looking in from the outside Id do the build and forget a van upgrade, it could be the strw that breaks the camels back if yr not careful.

The other issue is that as a limited company, you used to be limited in the losses that could hit you as a director. Nowadays thats changed a bit and directors can be taken for a lot more than they realise as a limited co, but its still worse for a bank to lend to ltd companies hence why they sometimes show a lack of interest!

Re reading my post, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I don't want to take it as a personal loan as I want to borrow for an extension on my house later in the year assuming planning is forth coming.
I've been self employed 5 years and ltd for 2 and have no intention of a 'mid night flit'. I have never missed a payment on any borrowing I have undertaken and can comfortably afford the repayments.

The van 'upgrade' is necessary. My van has served me well for 5 years but is now too small and falling to bits.

Re reading my post, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I don't want to take it as a personal loan as I want to borrow for an extension on my house later in the year assuming planning is forth coming.
I've been self employed 5 years and ltd for 2 and have no intention of a 'mid night flit'. I have never missed a payment on any borrowing I have undertaken and can comfortably afford the repayments.

The van 'upgrade' is necessary. My van has served me well for 5 years but is now too small and falling to bits.

And the passenger has to be able to hurdle over bundles of copper.....

And the passenger has to be able to hurdle over bundles of copper.....

Stop looking at other posts and find us all some cheap deals on SDS max bits as we are all sat here with a shiny new drill with no bits. There's a good lad :clap:

take out as loan for both at the same time then as you may well know, taking out one for the van, will lower your credit status later on and a mortgage for the extn is cheaper than a van loan.

take out as loan for both at the same time then as you may well know, taking out one for the van, will lower your credit status later on and a mortgage for the extn is cheaper than a van loan.

Could work, only trouble is building loan is required potentially (planning dependant) late summer and van loan is needed ideally this month as I'm pushing my luck with my postman pat wagon.

good idea though.

I wonder if I might have to bite the bullet and lease, although I am concerned about the horrendous fees they will undoubtably charge when handing the vehicle back.

if you can forget leasing, most fleet hire make their money on returning vehicles from my experience, unless you have enough clout they can be beggars

Lease company's have a book, it's a standard and details what damage is wear and tear. U can insure against damage for about £7 with Northgate?

Lease company's have a book, it's a standard and details what damage is wear and tear. U can insure against damage for about £7 with Northgate?

Interesting. Are Northgate an insurer or leasing agency?

cut tyre damage! windscreen chip damage, more damage than wear n tear from experience :)

Leasing company. Big one two. Open account get one or one thousand vans on rolling monthly contract. Cheeeeeeeep

Didn't understand that post emintrude! Although I am at man flue level 10.

I got my loan for my VW Crafter from VW finance. Was 11% APR if I remember, quite pricy but I saved up and paid it off mid-term so saved a lot of interest.

I had to guarantee it personally as the director of the company, even though it was a limited company loan. Shouldn't have that problem 2nd time round. This should save you the problem with needing a personal loan for an extension soon.

Leasing company. Big one two. Open account get one or one thousand vans on rolling monthly contract. Cheeeeeeeep

I remember Ralph when he used to flag down our hire trucks and try to nick the business. Many years on it looks like it worked !

For any bank to be comfortable lending to a limited company the company has to be either massive or sufficiently asset rich. The assets that get their gussets moist tend to be bricks and mortar , strings of patents or government contracts. In the absence of these expect personal guarantees and charges on your own property. Truly competitive finance is not available at small scale.

For any bank to be comfortable lending to a limited company the company has to be either massive or sufficiently asset rich. The assets that get their gussets moist tend to be bricks and mortar , strings of patents or government contracts. In the absence of these expect personal guarantees and charges on your own property. Truly competitive finance is not available at small scale.

depressing reading but thanks. Lease or vehicle finance it is then!

Everyone has a different view on this. I prefer to own the vehicle once I pay the loan off. Touch wood, a VW with 30,000 miles on it should last ages and ages. I only get rid of vehicles once they cost me more in fixing them than the loan/depreciation on a newish one would.

Our angle is to contract hire them, and then ask the contract hire company for a buyout price at the end of the deal. Always tell them its bang on the contract mileage when asking for the buyout price.

If we have a mechanically reliable vehicle with lots of minor scuffs on several different body panels (the sort that really cost you money at the end), or that is well under the contracted mileage then we buy it. Anything with a poor mechanical history goes straight back, regardless of condition. No point in throwing good money after bad.

depressing reading but thanks. Lease or vehicle finance it is then!

go online to find the cheapest loan you can for 10/20k etc, I got M&S and sainsburys at the time at around 4% I think, then once you have an offer in writing, off to your bank, barclays in my case who promised to match any loan I got else where, which they did and they bettered it by £1 a month. so now barclays pay me £17 a month and I pay them their normal rate, however one cock up and I owe them their stupid rate.

Just bit the bullet and gone with Hsbc business loan. Rate is 8.9% so not amazing but it has no bearing on my personal credit history. So hopefully I can get a loan for the extension assuming my victor meldrew neighbour doesn't put the kibosh on it!
Right, decent (ish) Toyota Hiace here I come! No more working out of a tiny combo : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business loans for Ltd. companies? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am actually posting this question for my spouse. We are looking to move states. The state we are currently allows plumbers without a...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter...
Replies
Views
I got an email last night saying I can get a loan for a reasonable rate of 2%, so I applied. I've just seen their response, so I better get on...
Replies
Views
I have just about completed my NVQ2 in plumbing and heating. I'm likely to finish my last install for the portfolio tomorrow. I am...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock