Discuss Buying from sheds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Most of it is unproblematic but you always know a pain in the rear is round the corner.

Changing a WC and two rads in a house. WC was bought from B+Q and rads from toolstation.

WC had barely visible hairline crack on underside which leaked when flushing so only noticed when installed. Also spigot was formed too small and every single pan connector pee'd water when flushing. Took it back and swapped it for another which sorted it.

Both rads had brackets that didn't engage fully with rads. One was 400 by 500 and so once piped didn't make much bones but big one a no-go but it didn't matter anyway as it didn't have the blank, bleed, plugs and screws packaged with it. Had used my last spares on a previous job.

Cheap as chips but when it backfires you don't half waste your bleeding time.

Last edited by a moderator:
My moms tight as a ducks backside and when her and my dad needed new rads in the living room she bought them from B&Q and its spot on to be fair. Plus it was only 30 quid for a an 1100x600.

its the amount of damaged stuff you seem to get with shed stuff think they must play chuck the parcel with any boxed sanitary ware
rad have the brackets flattened and snap of when you try to lever them open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buying from sheds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock