Search the forum,

Discuss Bypass on primary flow and return to indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi if fitting a bypass on the primary flow and return to an indirect hot water cylinder I know this needs to be positioned between the pump and zone valves as once the zone valve shuts off the pump will have an over run. Is this correct? Also do people now fit automatic bypasses instead of a gate valve that may have been used in the past.

building regs require a bypass to be an auto now. your logic is sound.

Yes generally when the system is cold there isn't enough pressure to open it, as the system heat(therefore pressure) builds up the by pass opens

Yes generally when the system is cold there isn't enough pressure to open it, as the system heat(therefore pressure) builds up the by pass opens

stick to gas, kirk as the system heats up the pressure rises the same on both sides of the bypass its trvs shutting that increase the available pump presure to open the bypass and of course if both motorised valves shut the pump over run will open the bypass

if set right theres no flow through the bypass when starting from cold assuming all valves are open

Ones I've seen say there adjustable from 0.1bar to 0.6 bar. Is that just what they let through when open. And they shut them selfs

It's a but like a prv, except the relief is variable by compressing the spring inside. There are many different sizes of bypass .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bypass on primary flow and return to indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock