Search the forum,

Discuss Camray 3 boiler lock out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes!
The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2 weeks!

Any help or advice welcome

Is the actual burner locking out or the high limit tripping?

No not dangerous, but any decent engineer isn't leaving a mess.

Temp and boiler lockout aren't linked.

You said that it would take hours to reset, what was it doing when you pushed the reset. What noises was it making?

Could be anything. But nothing a decent engineer can't sort.

Temp and boiler lockout aren't linked.

You said that it would take hours to reset, what was it doing when you pushed the reset. What noises was it making?

Could be anything. But nothing a decent engineer can't sort.
You can hear a sparking noise and then shuts off! I would upload a video but it won’t let me

Had someone back out and they changed the control box but didn’t work so put the old one back on! tighten up the terminals and it worked for 24hours now it’s gone back to locking out! Checked the terminals and there all tight!

Need to check if oil flow is good could be restricted so you get x amount of litres through then it runs out etc eg pipe kinked etc

Sounds like a mectron burner. You can hear it go through the ignition sequence and definitely no oil at point of ignition and locks out.
I'd first look at oil pressure whilst washing and also photo cell.

Reply to Camray 3 boiler lock out in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock