Discuss can anyone help me with my cv, not getting anywhere with my current one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arron Lowley

Hi guys, i went to the Leeds college of building for 2 years and was awarded 2 certificates, I thought that this may help me to get an apprenticeship but I am starting to regret it, as I have had no luck within the past 2 years and i feel like giving up. I have applied online, rang people and also emailed people but nothing, I just received an email from one gent and he said

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"The position on offer doesn't match with your profile and we will not be offering an interview at this stage"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]This to me doesn't make sense as I went to college and know quite a bit about what would be required of me so how doesn't my profile fit.

will email my cv if needed, so that you can tell me what needs changing, thanks.

not even joking must have applied for about 15+ over the last 6 months, rung about 20 people and emailed another 20, doesn't add up.
[/FONT]

what were the certificates in?

Unfortunately at the moment the plumbing and heating trade is awash with people trying to get a foot in the door and has been for a few years now, the only advice I can offer above and beyond what you have already done is keep contacting people/firms but please realise it may take a long time before you get taken on.

Good luck and if your heart is set then you will be prepared to wait for an opportunity.

hi arron,

its a long hard struggle as there are 1000's of folk with the same papers as you have so to find a place is one thing- to get one is another!!

stick your cv up with just the relevant bits on and lets take a look see if someone can give pointer..

personally, best way to get started is to meet someone in the trade and offer to help for free to get into the knowledge.

Hi guys, I got these two certificates

achieved the ABC level 1 award in practical construction skills (plumbing) and the level 2 diploma in plumbing studies.

and this is the main part of my cv, i think its too long personally

I am a dedicated, professional, hard-working and organised person who always works to the best of my ability within any environment. This is due to my traits of being versatile and well equipped. I am also determined and pay close attention to detail within the tasks that I am assigned. I work exceptionally well on my own, but also work very well amongst other colleagues and I am keen to share ideas with them, that may help within the situation we are involved in.

I am a quick learner, who is always keen to learn new qualities and traits that will further my current knowledge. To conclude I class myself as a loyal, kind hearted and passionate person who would ensure not to disappoint.

I am a dedicated, professional, hard-working and organised person who always works to the best of my ability within any environment. This is due to my traits of being versatile and well equipped. I am also determined and pay close attention to detail within the tasks that I am assigned. I work exceptionally well on my own, but also work very well amongst other colleagues and I am keen to share ideas with them, that may help within the situation we are involved in.

I am a quick learner, who is always keen to learn new qualities and traits that will further my current knowledge. To conclude I class myself as a loyal, kind hearted and passionate person who would ensure not to disappoint.[/QUOTE]

That's a great insight to your personality, it's not too personnel and should definitely be on your cv.

wow, thanks for the input, appreciate it :), my grades aren't amazing, A mixture of D's, C's and Passes.

I wonder if employers think because my English grade is only a D, that my cv wasn't written by me, when I can assure it was. I got two marks of a C and they wouldnt have the decency to give me those 2 marks.

I really wouldn't worry too much about grades, if you can show people that you can learn and pick things up then you will be okay, from memory I've got a mixture of C's and D's but it's how you apply yourself that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can anyone help me with my cv, not getting anywhere with my current one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock