Search the forum,

Discuss Can I have free gas please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just heard a funny story on the radio ...Some gasworks were going on in this blokes rd and for whatever reason his garden was dug up and he asked them if his house could be piped to have free gas.The Engingers replied no problem and when they had finished low and behold! Free gas..!But after a while the gas went off and nothing worked, he thought well I can't exactly call BG as I'm stealing this gas so he proceed to dig his garden back up to see what was going on...He followed his gas run under the garden and found it connected to a buried gas bottle.l

Hahahaha but tbh I'm surprised they connected it to anything

propane fired ng appliances?
made up by a limited knowledge person no doubt!

I have been having free gas for about a month now , we have lived here for nearly 20 years and apparently havent had a gas supply , erm they seem to have had no bother billing us for the gas we have used.
So untill its sorted , its free gas !! , shame its not January

i've always been tempted to put on my spare meter in winter( that i use when there no credit in custs meter) . but knowing my luck i would forget its on there and then would be screwed when the meter reader turns up.

I worked in the gas metering dept at Eon many many moons ago, you'd be surprised how many people have gas meters that the supplier has no knowledge of.
It only takes one guy in an office to send the wrong piece of data to Transco, or the other way around and (on paper at least) the supply is no longer there :)

i've always been tempted to put on my spare meter in winter( that i use when there no credit in custs meter) . but knowing my luck i would forget its on there and then would be screwed when the meter reader turns up.

It was better when meters were indoors...

My dog could supply a small town with free gas! IMG_20160929_154050.jpg

We supply monthly gas meter readings to Bgas every month for elec and gas.
The elec meter has failed to register, my wife phoned them on the 20th Sept, they cant/wont send an electrician till the 28th October. They have said we have free electricity back to 20th August !!

Funny but the gas boiler somehow turned itself off and the immersion heater has turned on :beatnik:

We pay monthly as we have solar thermal and the gas goes to around a 12 a month from May / October.

Bottle buried in garden. Urban myth.

People bypassing meters. It happens. I think Bord gais in Ireland caught 1200 houses doing it in last yr r 2

We supply monthly gas meter readings to Bgas every month for elec and gas.
The elec meter has failed to register, my wife phoned them on the 20th Sept, they cant/wont send an electrician till the 28th October. They have said we have free electricity back to 20th August !!

Once rented a house and the gas meter was going backwards(probably done by previous tennant - is that even a thing?), I stupidly phoned the supplier who said that they could book a visit but if there was found to be nothing wrong with the meter they would charge us for the call out, I think it was about £50. So I told them to forget it.
We were in the house about 18 months and didn't pay a penny for gas, had to pay standing charge though the tight sods :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I have free gas please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock