Discuss Can I move this gas meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
IMG_2249.PNG
I don't have MET 1
Can I move this meter , would be keeping the anaconda and just moving it down as far as it would reach -250mm, new bracket and repipe the outlet.

Or is it a no go

No go sorry would need you met1

What could go wrong, if you are a proper gasman?

TBH, IMO, so many rules are nonsense. Even with MET 1, I could do that job, BUT I would not be allowed to fit a new anaconda, or any other inlet material.

What could go wrong, if you are a proper gasman?

TBH, IMO, so many rules are nonsense. Even with MET 1, I could do that job, BUT I would not be allowed to fit a new anaconda, or any other inlet material.
Probably nothing. But there is always that 1 time at band camp. ;)

You don't have MET 1, you could drive your friends new bike down the road, you can ride the bike but if you get caught do you have the required license? (Lets hope for the sake of the argument you dont)

Hmm! or rather oops! My understanding is that you can move meters as long as it is within 1 x Metre. If that is definitely wrong then oops!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I move this gas meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

next week I will be doing a kitchen where the gas meter has to be moved a couple of feet. I have MET 1 but I’ve never had to move a meter before...
Replies
Views
We moved into our house in October and the boiler needs replacing. We got quotes but were informed by the gas engineers that we have a commercial...
Replies
Views
Hello, Not strictly plumbing, but need your advice nonetheless as I'm out of ideas. We have recently moved into newly renovated apartment...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I wonder if anyone can help please. I'm building a new small house and propose to install a natural gas kiln in an outbuilding. The new house...
Replies
Views
Hotwork40
H
Attached is a photo of my water meter, installed on the inside of an exterior wall. During the winter months, I am living elsewhere. So there is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock