Discuss Can I pair up 2 Santon Cylinders with this new Worcester Boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

RESOLVED

Hi everybody

Thank you for your input. This matter is now resolved.

I wrote to Baxi and they replied as follows:

You can install two of the same size cylinder but they would need to be in parallel with each other so as to keep everything balanced for the hot water side of your system.

The current cylinder looks like it is on a load-bearing wall and sitting on a bracket that appears to be taking the load of the cylinder. We don’t supply this bracket and you would require to get someone to make one up for you or make sure your joists and beams can take the weight of both cylinders sitting on them, which may require a structural engineer to do this for you.

Your Worcester Bosch boiler in theory should be able to heat up both cylinders, but will need to be piped up to do so and wired up so that the boiler heats both cylinders at the same time.

I would advise looking for a local G3, unvented qualified engineer/installer in your area to check your loft area out and the proposed location of the cylinder.

Indeed, I did as Baxi suggested and I have now found a local G3, unvented qualified engineer/installer to carry out these works.

Thank you to everybody who assisted me with this.

You can install two of the same size cylinder but they would need to be in parallel with each other so as to keep everything balanced for the hot water side of your system.
Achieving balanced consumption is going to be a lot easier said than done particularly if the tanks aren't side-by-side and identical so the pipework can be precisely mirrored. You may need a secondary return loop to mix the two tanks to achieve good results.

To be honest, I don't see why your current tank and boiler, properly programmed, can't meet the demand outlined above. Perhaps I've missed something under all the adverts...

Good luck, anyway. Let us know how you get on once the new system is installed.

I think a lot of us suspect your cylinder is not being fully heated with current settings. You seem to have fixated on your solution of a 2nd cylinder. If that cylinder too is under heated, your solution will only help Santon’s profits. The lack of insulation on your system pipe work suggests not the world’s greatest installation, maybe poorly set up.

Reply to Can I pair up 2 Santon Cylinders with this new Worcester Boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock