Search the forum,

Discuss can i put a single impeller.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
pump on the hot water supply to boost the hot water supply to the whole house. My mate is looking to improove his hot water pressure in his house which is rubbish.

Could i fit a pump via an essex flange and connect to the existing hot water supply whilst blanking off the existing pipwork by the cylinder (whilst keeping the vent in place) so it dont just fly up the vent pipe???

He just wants the cheapest solution possible as his house is rented so replacing cylinder, boiler etc is out of the question.

yes you can but it needs to be a big one to do the whole house a little put put shower pump wont cope

also its only a 2 bed house with kitchen sink, basin and bath/shower mixer running off the hot water.

Also worth checking the performance curve to as pressure will fall off under take off rates.

A good whole house (Rated for constant running) would cost around £500.00 if not is house why spend this sort of cash ? have a word with landlord first.

Thanks lads....he's decided to put up with the rubbish pressure once i told him the cost of the pumps.....and he has one of those landlords that dont wanna spend any money!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can i put a single impeller.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock