Search the forum,

Discuss Can solvent weld collars be trimmed? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Mixture of miss measuring and changing of products to get something to fit the sink has left me with the below issue.
Plumbing coming from the sink is not fixed yet, on the pipe on the vertical down was just a scrap being used to see if I could force it, trap off to the right a second sink is also behind/to the right.

Can I cut the the collars down to about 50% each?

I'm not sure how I can get it to work otherwise.
My only other thought is cut and rejoin the long horizontal to bring the tees horizontal and vertical on the sink waste straight down, along with appropriate BSP/weld/multifit connectors.

Attachments

• 20230925_180110.JPG
    20230925_180110.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 14
Changing the elbow to Male / female (conversion bend) instead of female / female might solve the problem.

Elbow mf.PNG

If not then turn the tee to 45° and use a 45° bend, if there's enough room and if the tee isn't already glued.

That might do it.

I did think about changing the angle of the tee but then realised the other sink will have an odd angle trying to meet into an other tee.

I also wondered about flexipipes.

First picture in this thread is the sink on the left, the one on the right the sink hole is further right than the waste through the wall.

Picture is of the double sink and trap set up.

In my head I was recreating a double sink and twin appliance waste system.

Attachments

• 20230925_184045.JPG
    20230925_184045.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Can solvent weld collars be trimmed? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock