Search the forum,

Discuss Can someone please help/advise what we can do next in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I wondered if anyone could help. We have just had some panels installed however there is quite a large gap left at the top where the panel joins the roof to be filled. Is this normal? I was under the impression they should really go to the roof with a little silicone?

Attachments

• 3DAFBA99-A518-435C-9D18-81942F0970D6.jpeg
    3DAFBA99-A518-435C-9D18-81942F0970D6.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 33
Yes should be like the top one 3-4mm gap

I would ask multi how it invalidates the warranty as tbh that sounds a bit like a quick response

Sounds like the warranty isn’t worth much as sounds like they try and find a way out of it

You could get a trim to cover the cap eg like a edge / cap

I've just done one with a 10mm gap all around ceiling due to height of panels vs height of ceiling.
I just used a upvc trim with stix all and sealed with a white sanitary silicone.

A gaps will always be needed to get the board in, the skill is in how you finish it.

It is always difficult to get in and fit tightly to a slope like that - I have found the only way to get a very good finish is to template it from an off cut or thin bit of ply.
You don’t need the whole board , just the slope scribed in and referenced to a horizontal and a vertical line.
This can then be replicated at the top of your correctly sized board - it is another step and takes time but then the sort of thing the op has does not occur.
However as that is I agree with SimonG the way out of it is with a 20mm pvc trim like the window fitters use to cover the broken plaster- this scribed in neatly would look fine.

I've just done one with a 10mm gap all around ceiling due to height of panels vs height of ceiling.
I just used a upvc trim with stix all and sealed with a white sanitary silicone.

A gaps will always be needed to get the board in, the skill is in how you finish it.
You just use the upvc trim to gap fill or create a tidy " border" so to speak?

I'd imagine if it was a tight fit and expanded itself off the wall then the board manufacturer would be claiming 3mm as a minimum...?
Unless you've signed for a limited guarantee, just see how it comes out. Your plumbers liability doesn't end when he leaves site - far from it!

Reply to Can someone please help/advise what we can do next in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock