Search the forum,

Discuss Can`t remember whom or when but a big thank you to ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
The person who posted the tip about making a stop end from a nut, a tap washer and a 5p coin, you my friend got me out of a jam today when I was miles from any shop or shed.

Thank you.

The person who posted the tip about making a stop end from a nut, a tap washer and a 5p coin, you my friend got me out of a jam today when I was miles from any shop or shed.

Thank you.

Wasn't me but used that trick before on an old imperial pipe with a nut, washer and a 2p!

This was 15mm copper and without the tip it would of meant leaving the house mains turned off and something like a 2hr round trip to go and buy one which would of knocked my day totally pear shaped plus I wasn`t in the mood after the customer rejected my quote.

Thanks - i think it was me
Ill take the credit

Don't even think of giving the Geordie credit for my brilliance ;)

Hi guys,
I'm a self employed plumber from Bolton, just wanted to join up to a plumbers forum to be able to bounce ideas about and hopefully help some others while learning new tricks.
On the topic of new tricks - you probably all know this one, but the 15mm iso cap made from a 5p and a 1/2' conex nut has come in handy for me plenty of times :)

a 20p works on 22mm for future reference.

found this out years ago when the change from shop went in same pocket as some random fittings.Could not get boiler working that night ended up cutting bits out ,and found the Queens head staring back at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can`t remember whom or when but a big thank you to ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, Looking to replace an old shower diverter. Pictures attached. I'm from Australia if that makes any difference. Originally when i got the house years ago there was a note to be careful when turning the shower diverter too hard. Eventually this happened and it started leaking from the...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock