Search the forum,

Discuss Can we have TFI Friday sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Thank god it's Friday, when can I retire! Beer!

just got a text, can i turn out tommorrow for a dripping stopcock, ha ha dont they know its the week end, happy to turn out for £150 first hour but few want to cough that :), nice when they do though

whats croppie winging about? some of us do silly boat people cover as volunteers!!

You can't choose what makes you happy. Callout fortnight you say:yes:

It was then yeah. Was during the G8 over here. Most of the company I work for was involved providing 24 hour cover for the PSNI stations which left two of us covering the rest of Northern Ireland. I spent a couple of days in Omagh adapting air grills in the pop up prisons, then those evenings had callouts on top. I think over the fortnight I had 20 callouts. Still, all done now, and one of the sinks from the popups is now in my garden!

finished.jpg

It was then yeah. Was during the G8 over here. Most of the company I work for was involved providing 24 hour cover for the PSNI stations which left two of us covering the rest of Northern Ireland. I spent a couple of days in Omagh adapting air grills in the pop up prisons, then those evenings had callouts on top. I think over the fortnight I had 20 callouts. Still, all done now, and one of the sinks from the popups is now in my garden!

View attachment 14241

Pop up prison????

temporary cells for all the rioters and troublemakers that were threatening to disrupt the summit. There were 150 10-man cells in Omagh and 100 in Belfast.

2 arrests were made over the whole fortnight on the run up and cool down after the G8.

I did see a Buddhist monk walking from Fivemiletown to Enniskillen so I suppose he counted as a troublemaker!

What they failed to consider is this......

Train service from Enniskillen, last train departed 40 years ago.

Bus service, intermittent depending on drivers social calender.

Taxi service, makes bus service look efficient.

Flight, Enniskillen Airport can handle 3 2-seater Cesna's at any one time but if you could lay your hands on an old Catalina you could probably land on Lough Erne!

I've told you guys far more of what I'm involved in over here than I probably should've. that's because I trust you all. Please keep schtum in open forum?

It's still iffy over here and it could wind up my getting kneecapped or worse!

Anyway, no one can get low enough with a black n decker to reach your knees :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can we have TFI Friday sticky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement. Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap. I understand I should turn...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If we go away for the weekend, leave Friday afternoon and back Sunday night, the hotwater is lukewarm at best up our return Sunday evening. I then need...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock