Search the forum,

Discuss Cannot fill my closed loop heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a strange problem trying to repressurise my closed loop system.

I believe there is a (small?) underground leak in the system as the pressure regularly drops. Typically takes a few days

So regularly I repressure the loop with a feed valve.
There is a pressure meter near the feed valve so I typically get i just over 1 bar and we are good for a few days again.
Normally, I open the valve, I hear/feel a flow in the feed pipe, I see the meter needle very gradually rise to 1 bar over 20-30 seconds I guess.

But every now and again (e.g. today) it behaves very differently.
I open the value, I hear no flow at all, the meter needle shoots up to about 2 bar immediately, but drops back to 0 as I close the valve. I can't fill it.

I assume it has something to do with air.
I know there is a lot of air in the loop
The rads upstairs near the feed clearly have air in them.
But I cannot bleed them as there appears to be not enough pressure to push the air out

Whats going on?
Whats my next move?

What you need is another person to help, one venting the rads and one operating the filling point, if no one to help take pressure up to 2bar then vent a rad repeat till all rads are full

Your assumption is not correcto or rather wrong. My personal advise would be to get a decent heating engineer to looks at your problem's because there could be more than one

I’d also suggest to get a qualified engineer as it is not healthy for your system to fill that every 3/4 day’s. As mentioned above perhaps you have got more than just one leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cannot fill my closed loop heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the flexi filling loop in place (Taps closed) would you remove it or leave it be? Also if you notice one valve open and the other closed, once again, would...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have old un-pressurised heating system and I need to top up the water but I cannot locate the bloody valve. Where is it? Is it in the attic? I also have this valve with black screw on top. Should this be opened or closed? Thank you
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock