Search the forum,

Discuss Capping of gas pipe with ef fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I just wonderd when capping of a gas pipe to say a gas hob as an electric one is to be install. Would you tend tocap with an ef cap end or compression. If using ef, what do you do about purging. Thanks.

Thanks yeah that would be better. Can't really get to the tee in this instance. I also presume they want the pipe there incase they go back to a gas hob in the future.

Would fit a valve then purge upto the valve then cap

Thanks yeah it's a compression valve thats on I purged through this then fit a compresssion cap. I just wondered what option/what other people did in this scenario.

it domestic! I wouldn't even worry about purging the dead leg. Would tend to use end feed rather than compression though. From a practical point of view, I would not bother about cutting the leg to the tee - it may be required in the future. New houses have gas runs to cooker points and (maybe not so true now) gas fires, in readiness for possible use. You wouldn't go around cutting all those off?

Reply to Capping of gas pipe with ef fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock