Search the forum,

Discuss Capping off a vent pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

F&E tank, big house, full of slime, vent capped off. Why would someone do that? Boiler wired up weird too, on HW, tank stat opens 2PV but doesn't turn boiler on, valve only wired to the stat.
Any logic in this? Cable runs are easy, boiler directly below cylinder.
Cheers

Would be very concerned if the open vent is capped off. Probably piped up wrong so it pumps over. As you have already hinted on, the DHW stat and zone valve should be interlocked with the boiler.

Pumping over .
is the feed 22mm?

if so they might have decided it would be fine as combined feed and vent.

as for the wiring..... Idiots

maybe the system was orignally solid fuel? hence the stat to 2port wiring?

Nope if sold fuel grav 28 onto cyl no 2 ports. Sounds like a good old DIY job!

I decided I would try and work out a re-wire but got very confused....turns out the cylinder stat does interlock with the HW pump but not the boiler. There are 2 heating zones each with a pump and a 2PV. No air stats anywhere (tpv's on each rad though).
I tried to explain to the custard why it was inefficient but found myself babbling incoherently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Capping off a vent pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock