Search the forum,

Discuss Career advice please (move if necessary) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I'm hoping to become a commercial gas engineer. I'm time served and have yet to do my Gas Safe. I have to save money myself in order to do the course.

I want to do commercial gas and maybe in the future open my own business with the ability to carry out work on commercial properties.

The thing is I'm kind of stumped on where to start. Do I go through my core gas and then on to my commercial or do I work for a commercial company first then do my gas?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Do you have your domestic gas

And how long you been in the domestic game ?

No I don't thanks to my local college. They changed to renewables as I came up to level 3. I was tamping.

I've been in the domestic game about 6 years...

The best way is to get a job as a commercial plumbers mate and work up from there not quick your looking at prob around 10 years but you will know your salt

That’s the main thing, I don’t want to do my commercial gas and wing it. I want to know my onions...

How do I get in with a commercial firm though having been bread in domestic?

By getting a job as a commercial mate / helper

Ive not got commercial gas (only domestic) but I do industrial refrigeration which is, just like commercial gas a specialized sector and not something can be gained without 10 + years experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Career advice please (move if necessary) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock