Discuss Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What winds me up is the car wash places full of illegal immigrants taking cash... How comes they don't get mentioned and it's always our trade!!!

Not sure why I called him "Sir" ...

Dear Sir

I am writing to let you know that I earned (as a self employed plumber) about £8,000 last year.

I declared EVERY SINGLE PENNY that I earned and have had my accounts cleared by my accountant and await my tax bill.

Many customers, especially the rich, think it is fine to delay payment by a few weeks. This affects cashflow, and is frustrating if you’ve spent well over £1,000 buying materials for that customer. You cannot take the materials you’ve bought out of your customer’s house because the law does not allow you to do that.

I give cash discounts to my customers because that way I know I have the money and I don’t have to worry about whether I’ll be paid for a job or not. Is this morally wrong?

I don’t claim for a second house as I don’t have one but I do dream that one day we’ll be able to afford a new car. A holiday this year would have been great too but the recession has hit my trade and my family can’t afford to go away, especially as my wife has also been redundant for around eight months.

I’m not asking for pity – just don’t tar all of us with the same brush while your energies would be more productive by going for some of the richer people.

It is always plumbers who are made out to be the bad guys out of all the trades. Plus what is wrong with taking cash payment? Who is he to assume that everyone taking cash payment wont declare it, the expenses fiddling pillock.

they do it to divert attention from their own theivery

Exactly right.
Perhaps he could take a look at Boot Sale venues.
Pitch fees taken in cash, food outlets - cash.
All venues in my area charge 50ppp to get in, you guessed it, in cash.

Our local tip now charges to dump certin things £2.00 per item Cash only ! no recept given, How many MP are takeing Cash backhanders , still fiddleing expences, Useing offshore bank accounts to avoid Tax, what happens when they get found out, usely promoted to a better job as a Euro MP.

:hanged:

If I were a multi million pound banker or MP, I could ship the lot offshore.... Tax avoidance, at worst a slap on the wrist but probably sweet nothings, but genrally be able to "do the right thing and step down" if they even botherd to care or invesigate the matter...... along with my ridiculous pension/bonuses/astronmical wage and live the rest of my days with out a burden in the world.

For everyone else it's Fraud.

Point is not every body dealing in cash is trying to con HMRC, besides it's the people who make the rules, and the people who are supposed to look after the countires economic interests that have had by far the most damaging impact on this country anyway and as always working joe public have to suffer for their inadequacies and incompacies.

Funny how quiet GasSafe, OFTEC and CIPHE are on this issue.

Zilch on their websites.

Thought they were meant to represent their "members". Or are we just people to fill their wallets at any opportunity, preferably without any return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock