Discuss Cast iron auto air vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Hello gents,
Went to a job to replace a snapped off bleed fitting on a rad today expecting it to be a straight swap for a 1/2 inch one out of the toolbox and found this snapped off the 1 3/4" reverse thread bush from an old looking cast radiator.
rad vent.JPG
I phoned every merchant in Bolton and got no joy and was looking at having to order one which would have taken a few days at least.
If you guys ever use these, where do you get them from?

Also why are they called 1/8" when the threaded diameter is about 10mm?

Incidentally after phoning Kev he came to my rescue with a similar item that had been rolling round the back of his van for a few weeks, that must be 2 pints I owe him now and a Biryani ;)

You can always use a standard 3/8 airvent and then use bushes as neccassary
Ex
3/8" -15mm then 15-22 brass bush or 1/8"-1/2" bush then 1/2" - 3/4" bush hay presto- Load o brass

Soz JC ignore last part , just re read your thread,,,,- did any threads damage on the bushes in the rad as probably aswell taking bush out renewing bush aswell if damaged but im sure you can get a standard 3/8" vent then bush it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast iron auto air vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock