Search the forum,

Discuss cast iron waste/soli/vent pipe split in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

The bottom section of our 5 x 4.5`x 4" stack has split and must be replaced imho! It has been suggested that it is a simple job to remove the split section and replace it with pvc...I wonder about the weight of the upper sections - is it realistic to have a CI stack sitting on a pvc bottom section? Should the whole stack be replaced with pvc? Not a job for my diy skills! Building dates from c.1900 and the stack might be original. Any opinions/guidance, please?

if the bottom is knackered, I'd be replacing it all rather than fannying around with cutting bits out

The cast iron should have fixings on each section, so there won't be any weight on the lower section.

Providing the building isn't Listed it would be better to change all of it.

I'd agree with those above - replace the lot. It's only a matter of time until another section goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cast iron waste/soli/vent pipe split in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock