Discuss central heating adding extra pump for minor circulation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

hi all
I have fitted a large system with 35 plus radiators over 3 floors everyware is getting hot except one area is only warm , I am going to add a running pump to this area it is a straight run of 4 rads my query is to fit the pump to start of run to push heat through or end of the line to pull the heat through

Turn most of the rads of and see if them 4 get hot if they don't your issue isn't pumping

I have done this and they do get hot but when I open up whole system an balance it this is the only area room that is cooler ware everyware else is hot , its run of two 35kw system boilers in tandem

I have done this and they do get hot but when I open up whole system an balance it this is the only area room that is cooler ware everyware else is hot , its run of two 35kw system boilers in tandem

Is it the furthest room / set of rads on the pipe work

Hi there,

As Shaun mentioned you can check by turning off most the rads if there is going to be more heat going through

You may need to turn the closest rads down just slightly open and the furthest rads fully open.
If this doesn't help check if you have got air in the system
Literally you balance your system

I take it you are only using the system boiler pumps?

Check on which level the heating pump is settled up ? You may have on level 1 or 2

Check on which level the heating pump is settled up ? You may have on level 1 or 2

Or even worse pumps too small/ on board boiler pumps and no low loss header

Check the temperature of the top and the bottom of each radiator. the top should be hotter than the bottom (warm water rises to the top of the radiator). If it's cooler there is air in top of the radiator, which can be removed by turning the bleed screw at the back or end of the radiator ...

If water comes straight away just leave it open for few seconds to see if a bubble comes up

Balance the system really well if you haven't already done so. Do be careful any bypass valve is throttled down or places where a complete bypass can occur - like at pipes to a hot cylinder, although perhaps not done that way.
If those rads are the furthest, I would say it's wrong size pipe work or wrong pump or faulty.
I prefer a big system to have two circuits with separate two pumps & ideally boiler central.
Balancing systems is essential. Any easy route a pump can push water will derate the pumps power.
I went to a standard size bungalow with 3 year old heating system to service an oil boiler and the customer said his far end of bungalow from the boiler had virtually no heat despite him balancing all the rads himself. I discovered he had turned lockshields near off & still no heat in far end. I had a look what was first thing on circuit - a copper cylinder & no valve on it to reduce the flow! I fiited a 22mm gate valve turned well down & customer said far rooms were now roasting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to central heating adding extra pump for minor circulation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock